Friday 6 May 2016

FREEDOM

Some days ago, I had an encounter that made me understand just how valuable freedom is. It is amazing how we take very important things for granted, that some people consider a rare privilege.

Freedom ... it is exhilarating, really! I met someone, a detainee, who was ordered around by security operatives. My heart went out for him, but that is the most I could do in the circumstance. A million and one questions shot through my mind, like, how does someone lose their freedom just like that? What is his life like right now, always being watched and behind bars and all those restrictions ... Hmm... Freedom is simply priceless.

I'm grateful for the gifts I ordinarily take for granted, and I want to inspire everyone reading to value all these seemingly 'normal' gifts.

Live deliberately, Live well.

Share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment